Friday, October 1, 2010

Here goes everything!

So, a year ago, I didn't even know what a blog was, then, once explained to me as something like an online journal that others can read, I couldn't figure out why anyone would blog.  This whole idea of taking your private life (thoughts & all) and posting them for everyone and anyone to read, seemed absurd.
But, I do love the internet, I'm fully aware that my life is not boring (though the day to day tasks seem a little mundane to me at times), and I am absolutely terrible at keeping a journal (maybe this will keep it more interesting for me).
I love the internet for shopping - from food to clothes to decor to garden supplies, and on.
I love to look at others photography on the internet - and though I rarely comment, I like to look and think about what photos I'd like to try (keyword being think).
I love the internet for recipes, yet I can't figure out why so many 'favourites' are so fancied up.   I've come to realize that in our home - from Jeff, to myself, to each of our 6 kids - we love good, old fashioned, down home cooking.  Meat (not spanked with funky sauces and spices), garden veggies (everything tastes better when you grow it yourself - except tomatoes, there is just no possible way to make those taste good), biscuit & bread and anything 'normal' that you can make with the dough (buns, bread, cinnamon buns, doughnuts, scones), and good old fashioned desserts (you know - crisps & cobblers, pies, cookies and squares).
People will tell me how much their husband or children like some recipe, and on occasion it will be a hit at our home, but more often than not, it's like ?!? - "how can this be their favourite?"  For the most part we like american food - not mexican or Thai or scandinavian or deep jungle boiled fowl fetuses.  Nothing against those cultures, we just don't like their food.  And with the exception of Jeff not liking cream cheese (somewhat of sore spot in our relationship), Jeff & my tastes buds concur.


Anyways, off that tangent - I like the internet.  I've found many of the blogs that I've come across to be witty and humorous and I've thought that I need to find and journal the humour in our everyday mundane activities.  Like the fact that I'm lucky to keep briefs (literally) on my sixth son GG.  Never mind his shirt, pants, shoes, [forget socks completely], and a coat.  No matter how many times I clothe that boy - he prefers to be nude.  I think he comes by it honestly when I hear stories from all the 'old' folks about my hubby and his siblings running around barely clad.  Auntie B has found him nude slip & sliding cuz "I slide BETTER this way!!" and buck naked with the exception of his hockey skates in my front yard.   Anyways, I try.  It's all good!

I try not to take too many unclothed pics of GG, but you get the  drift.

1 comment: