Friday, October 8, 2010

I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar!

 I’ve gone and done it.  What every woman either has had done, or wishes she has.

I got my nails done.
I’ve never had my nails done in my entire life, and I’m not sure what drove the decision to take this big step.  I believe my desire to do this must be another sign of me aging ( or I should say, fighting aging).
I never had any desire to wax my eyebrows until I was 30 and then suddenly that seemed like a very important thing to do.  I had no desire through my teens and 20‘s to have a regular exercise routine and now I’m feeling this burning desire to work out (not literally of course, because I’m not doing very well at it).
The other day, my mom told me that she went to curl her eyelashes and their was nothing there to squeeze!! Her eyelashes are falling out!!  NOOOOOO!!!!!  I am built just  like my mom and my grandma.  Same skin, hair, coloring, etc...  Hopefully I got my dad’s eyelashes!  I remember pinching my Grandma’s skin and thinking it was so cool because it would stay that way - ‘tenting’.  Now, my moms skin does it too and mine is starting to.  Her skin was also paper thin.  It was almost like you’d barely scratch her and she’d start to bleed.  Maybe I was scratching her harder than I recall.  Man, as I’m writing this, I’m realizing how patient my grandma was with me - the pinching and scratching and all.
Anyways, so my skin will thin out and tent, my hair will thin and turn grey early (apparently we redheads grey early), my eyelashes will fall out, bunions, etc - oh, what I have to look forward too.
I don’t even remember what I was talking about ( great -  another sign!!).  Oh yeah, my nails.  So I figure, this desire to start doing these things now, like nails, waxing and wrinkle cream, must be me subconsiously trying to retain some of that youthful beauty - or at least attain what I never had!   Who knows what’s next - maybe a butt lift.  Put my tush back to where it is supposed to be.  Then again,  maybe I wouldn't have to surgically position my butt if I was sticking to my regular exercise routine.
Remember, my JOATMON Syndrome, I can’t stick to one thing for an extended length of time -  it’s a disorder, I deal with it.
For now, I shall revel in my beautiful nails!!


No comments:

Post a Comment