Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who you callin' trash?!?

So, Jeff turned 40 yesterday and since a good friend of ours, Steve,  turned 30 on the same day, we decided to just crash their party instead of throw a party of our own.  Who wouldn't?
Alida goes all out for everything and this was no exception - a White Trash Party.  The outdoor decor consisted of upturned strollers, gum boots, streaked underwear hung on the porch and, of course, trash.  Inside, there was tinfoil on the windows, old sheets on the couches, etc.

The costumes were the best part of the evening and it was interesting to see the different ideas.  Lisa and I  went with the 'Single Wide Trash' look while Marianne and Melissa went with the 'Double Wide Look' (aka the ones our husbands were hoping to leave with).

I admit - this is pretty how I've looked for the past 12 years (minus the root beer and black eye).

The 'mullett' was pretty much a universal choice for the men (except for the Twisted Sister), but the best White Trash Dude had to be Kevin with his mesh half shirt and sweats - HOT!!


There was a twinkie eating contest.  Apparently, those things have a 30 year shelf-life - I believe it because they certainly aren't a food product.  The film left in my mouth lasted all night.  I'm not to humble to announce that I dominated the women's twinkie contest - 5 twinkies (to tie the men) and the next girl maybe ate 2.  It took all Steve had not to vomit, Lisa wasn't as strong.  Jeff missed the actual contest so he had his own and kept eating them even after the time was up - that's just wrong!!

Steve and Josh apparently not enjoying the twinkie

I think they tasted better coming back up!

Jeff just happy to have all the twinkies to himself
There was arm wrestling.  I won my match - what can I say, I'm a farm girl!  Sisters against sisters, brothers against brothers.  Husband against wife.  Even the birthday boy won a match but I think it had a LITTLE to do with it being his birthday!

The 2 'corner' girls have a go at it

Steve, you are sooooo strong!! It's amazing really, when you look at the  difference of arms.
Jeff was 2 hours late arriving at his own party because of hockey, but we finally broke out the cake once he got there.  It was AWESOME.  Alida got it and Marianne added the nice touch with Tootsie Rolls.  YUMMY!!!

You can't see Steve's toes curling under the table!

The guys had root beer guzzling and chesse puff eating contests.  Luckily, there were accountants at the table, because Jeff got audited and was trying to get away with 46 instead of the regulated 50.


Jay killed in the cheese puff contest

All in all, it was a rockin' evening.  From the squeeze cheese, to the arm wrestling to the mass of mulletts.  Now, in case you think I am judging 'white trash', I'm am finishing with a picture of what has been on my driveway for the last 3 months.  I simply found my niche.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! That was a GREAT party! Good post Angie, I'm glas you have a blog I can read. (ha ha ha) I love the shot of your own house, thats classic!!
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a great party! I love the cake! Sis.

    ReplyDelete